I've never used cake flour to bake. i had picked up a box of cake flor sometime back. Also had some strawberries shrivelling inside the fridge. Googled and found that cake flour gives a much lighter texture.
Combined the above 2 and made these yummy muffins. They were so fluffy, almost like the blueberry muffins you get in Dunkin donuts. i used 3/4 th sugar, it was little sweet, you can always reduce the sweetness if you want to. Adding nuts might be another good idea. my kids don'y like nuts in their muffins and I skipped it. They were soft and moist the next day as well.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely pureed stawberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 stick butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp sourcream or yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt a pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tin with liners or spray.
- Cream melted butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add egg, and all wet ingredients.
- Mix well till all are well incorportaed. I used an electric mixer, medium speed for 3 mins.
- add the flour, stawberry puree and fold.
- Do not over mix.
- fill 3/4 of the nuffin tin and bake till a tooth pick comes out clean.