The allergy season is on and people who suffer from allergy will tell you how hard it tis to have stuffy noses and itchy eyes! Just some tips from me to keep your allergies under check,
Keep your windows closed, pollen counts are high in the morning between 5- 10 am.
keep A/C on, vaccum the floors/ carpet frequently.
If your child has stuffed animals in her bed, make sure you wash them regularly. More than pollen, house dust mite is the common allergen.
Try over the counter medications for allergy. If not improving consult your doctor.
Now, let's get out tongue tickling chilli paneer dish!
Chili paneer is a fiesty indo chinese dish made with mixed peppers and paneer. It can be served as dry or a gravy based curry. the measurements I used gave medium spicy curry, but one could always increase the spices to suit your taste. Paneer is usually deep fried and added to the dish. I shallow fried them without any corn flour and still had a wonderful taste.
Get Ready: ( serves 2-3)
- 1 cup paneer small dice
- 1 cup mixed peppers (I used red and orange)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 spring onion chopped green and white separately
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dhania powder/ coriander powder
- 1 tsp redchilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- cilantro to garnish
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil. when hot add the paneer and shallow fry till they are golden crispy on the outside. set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil. once hot add the cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the white part of chopped spring onions, fry for few mins
- add the ginger garlic paste and fry till aromatic.
- add the coriander powder, red chilli powder and saute for a minute
- add the tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- add the peppers, a little salt and fry on medium to high heat till they are soft yet crunchy.
- add the ketchup, soy sauce, chilli sauce and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add the paneer cubes and toss everything well.
- Tyrn the heat off.
- garnish with cilantro and green of spring onions.
- serve hot with chapathis.