Many of you might have heard about Maitri an awesome event for all bloggers in USA. This is a brain child of Priya and Reshmi. I was so excited to be a part of this. I was paired with Divya of divya-dilse and she sent me an ingredient with which I had to cook. Pretty cool right! For more information or if you would like to be a part of maitri check out..here
Get Ready (yields 11 rolls)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 and 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp flax seeds coarsely ground
- 1 and 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a pan. add sugar and oil and scald the milk. let it bubble at the sides,but not boil.
- Turn the heat off.
- Wait to cool well, so that the when you touch the pan with the palm of your hand it feels comfortable. you don't want to kill theyeast if the milk mixture is very hot.
- Once cooled, add 1 cup flour and 1 & 1/4 tsp yeast.
- Mix well with a spoon. once the flour and yeast are well incorporated,add another cup of flour.
- Stir well and allow it to sit covered with a tea towel for 1 hour.
- The dough should double by now.
- After an hour add the 2 tbsp of flour,baking powder, soda and salt and mix well.
- ( it's ok, to kead if you want to!)
- Butter any baking dish of your choice. I used a 9 " ci rcular cake pan.
- Form balls of desired size from the dough, smoothen it and arrange in the baking pan.
- Once you are done with all the dough, cover and let it sit in a warm place for 2 hrs.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 17 -25 mins till golden on top.
- Rub with a little butter to get that extra shine.
Look how soft and fluffy the inside is! Thanks Priya, Reshmi and Divya, it was fun and totally enjoyed this event!