I don't know whatz happening with blogger. Are some of you guys experiencing the same problem as I am? I am not able to post comments on certain blogs at all.
So my dear friends, please don't be mad at me for not posting comments. I have been reading all your updates, but unable to post comments on some blogs. Hope blogger will fix these issues, if real soon!
Get Ready (serves 2):
For the rice dumplings
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. Urad dal
- 1 red chili (split)
- A few curry leaves
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsp. grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the water, oil, & pinch of salt. Let it come to a boil.
- Add the rice flour to the boiling water and mix well without any lumps.
- Keep the heat on medium and mix it so it forms a ball of dough.
- Cover with a lid and turn the heat off.
- Once you are able to handle the dough, apply oil to your palms and make them into small chickpea-sized balls. Use ALL the dough to form balls.
- Grease an idli stand and steam these rice balls for 10 mins. in a pressure cooker. They will look shiny when they are done.
- In another pan, add oil. When hot, do the tadka with mustard seeds, Urad dal, red chili, curry leaves, and asafetida.
- Add the grated coconut, red chili powder, the steamed dumplings, salt to taste and mix well. Let it cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Turn the heat off.
- Serve hot with some garnished cilantro.
|Rice dumplings ready to be steamed!|