I am extremely sorry, my fellow bloggers if I have not been regularly visiting your blog. Things have been very busy at work and home. Barely having time to do anything other than the mundane stuff.
I finally had a day off today and wanted to share this goody with you all!
Why pay big bucks for breakfast muffins when you can make some at home. Now that berries are in season, make use of them to whip up this real easy blueberry muffins.
The muffins look a little pale coz I used white granulated sugar instead of brown. But you can replace with whole wheat flour or brown sugar for a darker color.
I personaly find using whole wheat flour gives more denser muffins.I don't know if it's just my poor technique or something else?
Anyways, enough said, lets get to those muffins!
Get Ready: (Yields 6 muffins)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Self rising flour + 2 tbsp ( you can use all purpose flour, but make sure to use baking powder with it)
- 1/2 cup bluberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. line muffin pan with paper cups or spray with non stick spray.
- Mix the blueberries with a tablespoon of flour and set aside. this will help them not to sink at the bottom.
- Cream, butter and sugar well.
- Add egg and whisk well till incorporated.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest,cinnamon and mix.
- Fold the flour and blueberries. Remember not to over mix as it will give tough muffins.
- Fill 3/4 of the muffin well with the batter.
- bake for 20 -25 mins or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
The blueberries burst inside the muffins and the lemon zest just boosts the flavor significantly!