I made this quick and easy salad when my best friend came over for lunch. It is full of protein and very tasty too. Me and my friend had planned some physical activity that day and this power packed salad did help us to keep going! But, this definitely is not the thing if you have peanut allergies.
A perfect snack or a meal by itself for you all to enjoy! One can add other vegetables of your choice like cucumbers, bell peppers, roasted corn, cubed and boiled potatoes. You can also add some paneer and crumbled feta if you are a cheese lover.
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 mango peeled & diced
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tomato, remove pulp and chopped
- 2 jalapeños thinly sliced ( keep seeds if you want some heat)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Lots of chopped cilantro
- Lemon/ lime wedges to serve
- Thin sev for garnishing.
- Soak the peanuts in water for 1 hr and pressure cook with little salt for 3-4 whistles. Once the pressure cooker cools, drain the water from the peanuts and set aside.
- Prep all your veggies. Chop them in the same size as your peanuts .
- In a bowl, add the peanuts, chopped vegetables, salt, chaat masala and toss them well.
- Adjust salt and chaat masala as per your taste.
- Cover and refrigerate .
- Before serving, squeeze a little lime juice from a wedge and garnish with sev, mint chutney or serve just like that and enjoy!