If you are like me, who can eat avocados with anything, then you should try this recipe.
My daughter saw me cut the avocados and said' yew, green!".
Then I played the roll of a sneaky chef and made my 6 year old eat avocado with out any complaints! Sh.....
There is no butter or cream and is a perfect dish for all you low carb eaters!
There is no recipe, honestly and I did not take pictures as I cooked the dish! My kids finished this and I ended eating the creamy avocado on a simple bread toast for dinner.
Get Ready ( serves 2 kids)
- Avocado 1, pitted and remove the flesh.
- Bunch of cilantro, washed and picked
- salt to taste
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- 1 small green chili / optional
- Lemon juice to tatste
- Spaghetti or any pasta cooked aldente, ( took 3 fistful of dry spaghetti)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4-5 grape tomatoes halved ( optional)
- In a blender/ food processor add the avocado, chili, cilantro, garlic, salt and lemon juice. blend till creamy, set aside.
- Cook the pasta aldente, drain and toss in some olive oil
- Add the avocado mixture to the pasta and toss them well in a bowl
- Add the cherry tomatoes and serve.
I added a little of store brought marinara sauce over this for my little one and she did not even know.
- Use basil or spinach to grind with the avocado.
- Add some streamed corn or any beans of your choice to the cooked pasta.
How easy is that for a week night dinner, folks?
Check out my Chilled Avocado Soup and