Vaghereli Roti, is the name for this up cycled dish with left over rotis. They are made pretty spicy, however I made them tolerable to our taste.
Here is a very quick and easy recipe with left over chapathi's. I guess this is the equivalent of idli upma to chapathis or rotis. I had only 3 rotis left over and used whatever vegetables i had in the fridge. Feel free to experiment with other vegetables.
A perfect lunch box dish or a tea time snack!
- 3 left over chapathis ( cut them into small ribbons with a kitchen scissors or rip with your hand)
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of shredded carrots and cabbage ( use bell peppers, beans, carrot, corn, potatoes, peas)
- 2 thai green chili slit
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder or red chilli powder ( or to taste)
- a small wedge of lemon
- In a pan, add oil. when hot, add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle
- Add the chopped onions and green chillies and saute till onions are soft
- Add the shredded cabbage, carrots a little salt and cook uncoverd till the veggies are partially done. You want a crunch in the vegetables, don't over cook them
Reduce the heat, sprinkle a little water and cook till all the spices are well incorporated for 2-3 mins
I packed this for my own lunch and it tasted so good and was not dry at all!
Enjoy and have a great weekend folks!