Some of my girl friends recently had a get together to celebrate our participation in a half marathon. My friend who hosted the party had made Chilli Paneer as an appetizer. It was very tasty and my friend told me the recipe is super easy. She is an excellent cook by the way and all the dishes she had prepared that evening were absolutely delicious.
I made the same dish on Valentine's day and my family absolutely loved it. It is very easy to make and really does not have a recipe as such. You add more or less ingredients depending on your taste preference. I had some Paneer left over at home, about half a block that we get from the Indian stores here in USA and a few bell peppers. I did not have time to take pictures while cooking and the final product was captured with my i phone to share with my friends.
Get Ready ( serves 2-3)
- Paneer cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- Bell pepper cut into the same size as paneer ( I used green and red)
- Green chilli 3 slit length wise
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- Tomato ketchup as per taste
- Siracha sauce as per taste ( or any hot sauce)
- salt to taste
- Sunflower oil 2 tbsp
- Cilantro to garnish ( optional)
- In a large pan, add the oil. keep heat on high
- Add the onions, green chilli, paneer, bell peppers and saute on high flame fast, tossing the mover
- Add salt to taste.
- Saute the paneer and veggies till the peppers are crunchy but not too soft. It takes about 3-5 mins.
- Add a squirt of tomato ketchup and siracha sauce and adjust both the sauces as per your taste.
- Toss all of them to coat the paneer and peppers on high flame.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot., Garnish with cilantro before serving.
Yummy Chilli paneer ready to be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with rice.