I recently took a break from blogging and am back now. The family went on a few trips, made some memories and back to the glory land.
During our trip, we had some amazing sandwiches from Marks & Spencer's. My son's favorite was the cheese and onion sandwich and mine was the carrot and Wensleydale sandwich.
I wanted to recreate those sandwiches as I thought they would be perfect for school lunches. I made the cheese and onion one today and quickly took a picture of it on my i phone.
My teenage son liked it and will be in his packed lunch for sure. Pair it with a fruit, yogurt, chips and a drink, you have a pretty filling lunch for the kid.
- Spring onion/ scallion 2, washed and very finely chopped both green and white part
- 1-2 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp of grated sharp cheddar cheese | add more if you like it)
- cracked black pepper
- 2 Bread slices ( I used Nature's own honey wheat )
- In a bowl add the chopped spring onions, mayo, cheese, black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture on the bread slice and and cover it with another bread slice.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve.
Enjoy the sandwich and remember to eat some mint after :))