Here is a very easy eggplant bake, similar to eggplant parmesan with no carbs! They are so cute baked in ramekins and easy to serve and make especially if you are making for less number of people.
I love eggplant, but not my husband and son. I made this for lunch one day and my two year old loved it! Thanks, there is another egg plant lover in the house.
Get Ready : (serves 1- 2)
- 1 small egg plant ( not indian, japanese variety)
- Store bought marinara/ pasta sauce
- Part skin ricotta cheese
- salt to taste
- sambhar powder
- Olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 400F
- Cut egg plants into 1/4 or < 1/4 "' thick rounds.
- Drizzile oilve oil, salt, a pinch of sambar powder. Rub it over the eggplant till well coated
- In a foil lined baking sheet, bake the egg plants till soft or until 10 mins. I also tried to cook them on the tawa, but liked the oven better.
- Grease ramekin with non stick spray.
- Spoon some marinara sauce at the bottom of the ramekin.
- Put a layer of egg plant round, spoon some ricotta and cilantro.
- repeat the layer with sauce, egg plant, ricotta and cilantro till the ramekin is full.
- Sprinkle some parmesan and bake uncovered at 350F for 20 mins till the cheese is bubbly.
- I did not have parmesan and hence omitted the top cheese layer.
Invert on a plate once a little cool to serve ot dig in from the ramekins.