Let it rain, let it rain....I have my pakodas to enjoy!
- 1 cup Besan/ gram flor
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 tsp Saunf/ fennel seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 4-5 Curry leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, hot
- 1-2 tsp of water
- Mix the chopped onions, jalapeno, curry leaves, cashews, saunf, salt to taste well with the besan and rice flour.
- Pour the hot olive oil on top of the dry flour, onion etc mix. It will kind of make a noise and bubble.
- Watch your hand and mix them all well.
- It will not be moist and look a bit crumbly.
- Add little water and mix them all well. The right consistency is the dough should be still crumbly, yet sticky enough to make a small ball.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. To check if it's hot, add a small drop of the pakora dough, it should immediately rise up.
- Drop small balls into the oil, and deep fry them till golden.
Enjoy with hot tea.
I would like to thank jay for giving this participation award for letz reelish paneer. Thanks Jay!