Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Onion Pakoras/ Pakoda


It has been raining here over the last 2 days and the mercury has fallen down. It's gloomy outside and I was craving for soemthing crunchy to go with my elaichi chai. Made these pakodas or pakoras however you want to call them for my tea time snack.

Let it rain, let it rain....I have my pakodas to enjoy!

Get Ready:

  • 1 cup Besan/ gram flor
  • 1/4 cup Rice flour
  • 1 pinch baking soda
  • 1 tsp Saunf/ fennel seeds
  • salt to taste
  • 1 onion finely chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno chopped
  • 4-5 Curry leaves torn into small pieces
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil, hot
  • 1-2 tsp of water
Oil to deep fry

Go:

  • Mix the chopped onions, jalapeno, curry leaves, cashews, saunf, salt to taste well with the besan and rice flour.
  • Pour the hot olive oil on top of the dry flour, onion etc mix. It will kind of make a noise and bubble.
  • Watch your hand and mix them all well.
  • It will not be moist and look a bit crumbly.
  • Add little water and mix them all well. The right consistency is the dough should be still crumbly, yet sticky enough to make a small ball.
  • Heat oil in a deep pan. To check if it's hot, add a small drop of the pakora dough, it should immediately rise up.
  • Drop small balls into the oil, and deep fry them till golden.

Enjoy with hot tea.

I would like to thank jay for giving this participation award for letz reelish paneer. Thanks  Jay!




12 comments:

  1. ahaa i wish i could be ur neighbor ,then we both enjoyed these crispy crunchy delicious pakodas with ur most favorite elaichii chai n lot of chit chat :)

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pakodas look so crunchy n yummy



    Cheers n Happy Cooking,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crispy and yummy, I would love to have this for tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy pakodas asking me to have some..yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so crispy..wish i could get a taste of it..love it!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my site ! Loved your idea of making masiyal with chard, I am sure it tastes pretty good too.

    Pakodas look very inviting and tempting !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so crispy ...I wish I cloud grab few from the screen Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely recipe... my all time favorite.....

    check my blog for a surprise....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!