Monday, September 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Pancakes


Doesn't it feel wonderful to start your day with a hearty breakfast that will keep you going till noon?

YES, It does! And if you have young kids you want to make sure they eat well before shipping them off the school bus, day care, etc...

Let me be honest with you, I haven't made pancakes from scratch for a while now. I am happy with my friend Bisquick as he has not let me down! Maybe one day, yes one day I will make my own pancakes from scratch!

I was inspired by Sunny of Food Network to make these peanut butter pancakes!
Many kids love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and she put them together as PBJ pancakes! Isn't that cool??
I skipped the jelly part of the PBJ and made just peanut butter pancakes. They're soft, fluffy, peanut buttery, and HEAVENLY! You gotta try this one and make your little prince or princess happy!

This is what you need:

  • 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • Cooking spray

How I did it:

  • Take the pancake mix, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
  • Add the peanut butter to the warm milk and whisk thoroughly till the peanut butter completely dissolves in the milk.
  • Add the milk, egg, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
  • Fold them together gently. The mix should be lumpy; don't overmix.
  • Heat a skillet and spray with cooking spray. Keep the fire on medium.
  • Take a quarter cup measure to pour the pancake batter on the skillet. This will give you uniformly shaped pancakes.
  • Let the pancake cook by forming bubbles at the corner and appears lacy.
  • Flip it to the other side and cook till golden brown.
  • Serve with butter, syrup, and jelly.

ENJOY YOUR DELICIOUS NEW BREAKFAST!!! :)
I am sending this to Kids Menu Event

5 comments:

  1. I am also a big fan of hearty n healthy breakfasts.Pancakes look n sounds awesome.. fluffy n delicious..did I say easy too!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. if some one get a healthy n tasty breakfast like this what else he want!!! ...pancakes looks super soft n delicious ...yummy

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one priya...thanks for sending this to my event..have a nice day
    cheers
    neha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!