I am tired of eating sweet muffins, are you all too? Want to try some savory muffins to tickle your tastebuds? If the answer is yes, you got it here!
Thease savory muffins can be enjoyed in the morning or as an afternoon snack with hot steaming tea or coffee!
What you need: ( yields 7 muffins)
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro or more
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper or more if you want it spicy
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease your muffin pans.I used muffin liners, but I wouldn't recommend that.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside in a bowl.
- Add the pepper, carrot and cilantro to the flour.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients from oil to yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and gently fold. do not overbeat.
- Add salt or pepper according to your taste.
- Fill up to the top of the muffin tins and bake till the top is golden or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Here is a view from the inside:))