Did you know that Sweet Potato ranked the number one in Nutrition?
It has the highest amount of fiber, vitamin A, C and complex sugars and are much more nutritious than regular white potatoes! It gets even better when these are baked than fried. And ofcourse sweet potatoes are in season now.
All you need is
- sweet potato, peeled and cut like french fry shapes.
- water 1 cup
- You can use whatever spices you want.
- Oil 1-2 tbsp
- Zip lock bag
- garlic salt, salt, Idli dosa chutney powder.
- Boil water, and turn off the heat. Blanch the sweet potatoes for a 1 min, drain the water and dry them on a kitchen towel. Blanching reduces the cooking time in the oven a lot.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Transfer the sweet potatoes into a bowl and toss them with the oil.
- In a zip lock bag take all the spices and salt.
- add the oil coated sweet potatoes into the ziplock bag and give it a good shake shake... so all the sweet potatoes are covered with spices.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet ina single layer and bake for about 10 - 15 mins.
- Toss them around half way through the baking.
- If you want it more crispy broil on low carefully for a few mins.
Enjoy as a snack or as a side dish.
How easy is that!
Sending this for only low oil/calorie of Priya started by Pari