I am so thrilled that my blog baby is 1 year old. My first recipe post was on the 13th sept, still remember that wonderful feeling reading that first comment!
What a wonderful experience it has been for me! Got to learn a lot about different cuisines, different family traditions, earned great blogger friends!
I wanted to thank my family, all my friends both in the blogosphere and outside on this important milestone.
Honestly, I could not have done without you all! A special thanks to Priya Mitharwal for bringing me out with my Almond Chutney ! I wish I had more time on my hand to visit each and every blog page and see all the wonderful things people are cooking and enjoying!
Psst...Let me tell you a secret, I think i have an affair with food and cooking now! I am always checking new recipes, thinking in my mind what to cook etc, etc.....And you know what, my husband doesn't mind this! :))
To celebrate Elaichii's first birthday I made Eggless Chocolate cake with my family! And the special ingredient was COKE and Vineger!
Please don't say yeww....!
Yup.. you heard it right! It tasted so wonderful. Adding a lit bit of my brewed coffee brought out the chocolatey flavor so well.
1 & 1/2 cup All peupose flour
3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 & 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup & 3 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp Canola Oil
1 Tbsp Distilled white Vineger
2 tbsp coffee
1cup Coke ( take 2 tbsp out and replace with coffee. You can totally omit this and use 1 cup cold water instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a round 8" cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sift, flour, cocoa powder, salt. Mix it with sugar and set aside.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and blend well using a hand mixer on low speed till there are no clumps.
- Pour it in the greased pan& bake for 25- 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Cool and remove the cake.
- I did not frost the cake, but when serving used some Hershey chocolate syrup & some whipped topping!