Monday, September 13, 2010

Elaichii is One year old! Celebration with Eggless Chocolate cake!




I am so thrilled that my blog baby is 1 year old. My first recipe post was on the 13th sept, still remember that wonderful feeling reading that first comment!
What a wonderful experience it has been for me! Got to learn a lot about different cuisines, different family traditions, earned  great blogger friends!
I wanted to thank my family,  all my friends both in the blogosphere and outside on this important milestone.

Honestly, I could not have done without you all! A special thanks to Priya Mitharwal for bringing me out with my Almond Chutney ! I wish I had more time on my hand to visit each and every blog page and see all the wonderful things people are cooking and enjoying!

Psst...Let me tell you a secret, I think i have an affair with food and cooking now! I am always checking new recipes, thinking in my mind what to cook etc, etc.....And you know what, my husband doesn't mind this! :))

To celebrate Elaichii's first birthday I made Eggless Chocolate cake with my family! And the special ingredient  was COKE and Vineger!
Please don't say yeww....!
Yup.. you heard it right! It tasted so wonderful. Adding a lit bit of my brewed coffee brought out the chocolatey flavor so well.

Get Ready:

1 & 1/2 cup All peupose flour
3 tablespoon  unsweetened cocoa powder
1 & 1/4  tsp baking powder
1 cup & 3 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp Canola Oil
1 Tbsp Distilled white Vineger
2 tbsp coffee
1cup Coke ( take 2 tbsp out and replace with coffee. You can totally omit this and use 1 cup cold water instead)


Start Cooking:

  • Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a round 8" cake pan and dust it with flour.
  • Sift, flour, cocoa powder, salt. Mix it with sugar and set aside.
  • Whisk all the wet ingredients.
  • Add the dry to the wet and blend well using a hand mixer on low speed till there are no clumps.
  • Pour it in the greased pan& bake for 25- 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
  • Cool and remove the cake.
  • I did not frost the cake, but when serving used some Hershey chocolate syrup & some whipped topping!
Isn't that cake decadent or what?

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Birthday wishes for your one year blog baby !Wish you many more milestones.

    The cake looks yummilicious !

    Cheers n Happy Cooking,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hearty congrats to u my birthday wishes to elaichii...cake looks really awesome ...love the combo

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priya..you are one of the sweetest people I have met in the blogosphere..Congrats on your milestone..May u grow everyday & reach heights.!!

    Chocolate looks decadent..last pic is just too good !!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Priya on completing one year. The cake looks mouth watering. You are very sweet to mention me. You have such wonderful recipes that I was just drawn to it :)

    Keep going girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Priya for completely ur first year in blogspher, keep rocking..wat a droolworthy and scrumptious cake to celebrate this excellent day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Priya,

    Wat a wonderful presentation with excellent clicks...am gaining d courage to giv a try and delight my kids...THANQUE..:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Dear on your blog anniversary..Cake looks so good..lovely click Dear..

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hearty congratulations Priya, wish you many more successful years :-)
    Very delicious cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats dear on your blog 1st anniversary...looks so yummy and moist, great click too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 1st anniversary...Cake is just perfect for this occasion...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!