Let me be honest, i am pathetic! I succumb to the fork, no matter how many times some body teaches me to use a chopstick! If any of you giuys out there have a special technique to use chopsticks, I would love to hear from you!
Anyways, let me share this awesoem Indochinese fried rice which can be put together with any left over rice or veggies in your refrigerator! It's the best comfort food one could enjoy any time.
I served this with this mouth watering Cauliflower manchurian
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1& 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups thinly shredded vegetables ( cabbage, red, green pepper, carrots,beans, baby corn)
- 2 green chillies slit in the middle
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Wash and drain the rice for 15 mins. pressure cook with 1 & 1/2 cups of water and a little salt for 2 whistles and take it off the heat. Let it cool for a while, as You need cold rice to makeit. If the rice is hot, the fried rice all becomes sticky and mushy which you don't want.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add the ginger, garlic and saute till fragrant. Add the green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add all the shredded veggies and cook on high heat for a few mins. make sure you don't over cook them as you want the crunch from all the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and toss everything together.
- Serve hot with any gravy or eat with manchurian as I did!
One can also scarmble an egg to this, to make it more flavorful.