The classic macaroni salad uses Mayo as the main ingredient in the dressing. Mayo has eggs and more calories to contribute!
So why not substitute mayo with yogurt? The Greeks and Lebanese use yogurt with pasta, so why not me?
So, I did it! This is an excellent, to die for pasta salad with home made yogurt. It was so creamy and did not fail in the taste. This salad tasted even better once chilled.
So here is a quick and easy pasta salad for any time of the day, for those busy bees out there! I also threw a hand full of black eyed beans left over from the previous day.
- 2 hand full of shell pasta (dry one), cooked aldente
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1/2 samll jalapeno
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp sambhar powder
- 3-4 tbsp low fat yogurt
- Cilantro 1 tbsp chopped.
- salt to taste.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, cilantro and salt to taste. Keep aside
- Keep the cooked pasta aside.
- In a pan, add oil. When hot saute the onions and jalapeno till the onions are translucent.
- Add the red pepper, black eyed beans and sambhar powder and saute for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Toss the sauted onion, pepper mix into the pasta and yogurt dressing .
- Serve chilled.
PS: You may also add some grated ginger or green peas as per your taste. the options are endless!
Akila of Learning to cook passed me this award. I am so humbled and would like to give her a big thank you. She has an excellent collection of recipes and please check it out.
I would like to share this with
Food For Thought!!