Many kids like paneer and many mom's will see a empty lunchbox if you pack this rice!
Get Ready: ( serves 6-8)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (washed, drained)
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 3-4 green chillies slit
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup paneer cubes ( small size)
- 1 tsp pulav masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Tempering/ tadka
- 1tsp ghee
- 1 tsp saunf/ fennel seeds
- 1 small bark cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamom.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan. When hot, add the paneer cubes and fry till slightly golden and set aside. You can totally omit this step if you want to and just add paneer as it is.
- Add 1 tsp of olive and saute the rice for a 5 mins and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add the remaining oil and ghee. when hot add the tadka ingredients.
- When they splutter, add the onion, garlic, chillies, ginger and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato puree, masala powders and saute till the oil starts to separate at the edges.
- Add the peas & saute for few mins.
- Add the rice, paneer, 2 cups of water, salt to taste and stir everything.
- Close the cooker and cook for 1 whistle and turn off the heat. As we are directly cooking in the cooker, one whistle is enough.
- Once you open the cooker, fluff therice with a fork and garnish with either fried onions and/ or with cilantro.
Sending this to Priya's