Diwali is just round the corner. Here i am with a very easy chivda or mixture recipe using corn flakes. I used kellogs brand, plain cornflakes. One doesn't have to deep fry the corn flakes for this chivda. It is very easy and breezy recipe that can be done in no time.
I am on call for this weekend so didn't have the luxury to have a lot of time to prepare sweets and snacks.
Also check out my Ribbon pakoda
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup cashews broken
- 1/3 pottu kadalai/ roasted dalia
- 1/3 cup Peanuts with skin
- 1/3 cup Murmura/ Pori ( optional)
- 1/3 cup aval/ poha
- 1-2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut powder ( optional)
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries (optional)
- a few curry leaves
- Oil to deep fry
- Heat oil and deep fry the cashews till golden, raisins till plump, peanuts, poha, pottukadali, curry leaves till crisp one by one and keep them aside on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl add the corn flakes, the deep fried cashews, raisins, poha, pottukadali, pori, coconut powder, cranberries, salt, chilli powder and toss them well.
- The oil on the deep fried items will help the salt and spices stick to the chivda.