image courtsey: diwali cards
Wishing all my super duper blogger friends a fabulous Diwali!
I would like to share a simple rava laddu recipe with you all.
- 1 cup Rawa/ sooji
- 1 cup sugar
- 2- 2.5 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 2 tbsp milk, or more as needed
- 2 tbsp coconut powder ( available in indian store)
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 1-2 tbsp broken cashews and sliced almonds
- 1 tsp cardamom powder.
- In a non stick pan, add 2- 2.5 tbsp of ghee and add the cashews, almonds and raisins. Fry them on a medium flame till the cashews are oink and the raisins plump up.
- Now add the rava and roast stirring frequently till pink or a nice aroma arises. Remember to have the heat on med to low.
- Add the coconut powder, sugar, cardamom powder and mix till everything is well combined.
- turn the heat off.
- add the 2 tbsp of milk and mix everything well. it should be the consistency of wet sand so you can make balls.
- If too dry sprinkle a lit bit more milk.
- cover the pan and let it cool for 5 mins.
- Apply some ghee or water to your hands and make them into small balls.
- Let them cool and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy this festive treat with your friends and family!