I was inspired by vegeterian lettuce wraps to make my version of lettuce wraps. I have'nt tasted them before, But, i do have cooked with quinoa. I like it's nutty taste and texture and the best thing is it's pretty healthy too.
You can check out my quinoa-khichdi and quinoa-herb-salad here.
The things use need for these wraps are pretty simple and very easy to put together too.
I am so sorry for my pathetic picture, but don't be tricked by the looks. It tastes really really good! My husband is out of town and I made this just for me for lunch.
Get ready: serves 1
- 1/3 cupQuinoa
- 1/3 cup balck beans cooked/ can one
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green chilli slit
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup water
- cilantro, grated carrots ( optional)
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- salt to taste.
Lettuce leaves a bunch.
- Wash and soak the quinoa for 10 -15 mins.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onions till translucent.
- Add the chilli and saute for few seconds
- Add the black beans, corn and mix well.
- Add the washed quinoa, 2/3 cup water, cumin powder ,salt to taste and mix well.
- Reduce athe heat and simmer till the quinoa gets soft and cooked. takes about 15 mins.
- Keep the fire on low and stir inbetween so that it does not stick to the bottom.
Turn the heat off.
garnish with cilantro, grated carrots.
To serve, separate the large lettuce leaves, wash.
Place the quinoa black beans mix in the lettuce, roll it like a wrap and indulge...
Thanks mriganayani for the inspiration!