Any cheese that melt well will work here. I used velveeta which is what the original recipe calls for. I am not a big cheese but this dish will please the cheese lovers. I used the whole sleeve of ritz, which had 36 crackers. I guess you can use only 3/4th of it and save some for tea:))
- 2 cup broccoli florets steamed with a little salt.
- 1 cup velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 packet RITZ crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp chilli powder/ milagapodi
- Crush the crackers in azip lock bag and keep aside
- Preheat oven to350 F
- In a caserrole grease the bottom.
- add broccoli and spread it evenly. sprinkle milaga podi on top of broccoli according to taste
- layer the top of broccoli with cheese and then crackers
- add melted butter on top of the above 2 and bake for 20 mins till the cheese melts.
- In you are making a big batch, repeat the layers and bake.