It has been a week since I was in the kitchen. We had our kitchen floor sanded and polished and it looks all new and shiny. We were out of bounds from the kitchen and were able to get in there yesterday. I wanted to have fun this morning and whipped up these muffins. My 11 yr old helper totally enjoyed making these, trust me theu are so simple and the taste was unbelievable.
The hint of cinnamon in these muffins made the whole house smell so wonderful. I 've tried many different recipes for chocolate chip muffins, but let me tell you these are the best, bestest!
Try for yourself and don't forget to see the smile on your loved ones face.
Get ready ( yields 12 muffins, recipe can be easily halved)
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 375F. use muffin liners or greae your muffin pan
- Whist all the dry ingredients and util well combined.
- Add 1 tbsp of the dry ingredient to the chocolate chips and mix them well. this helps in the chips not to sink at the bottom of the muffin.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and whisk till creamy.
- Fold thedry onto the wet, making sure you don't over do it.
- Add the flour coated choc chips.
- Fill the muffin pans 2/3rd and bake till a tooth pin comes clean for about 20 - 25 mins.
Nothing fancy in these muffins, but they are the best in taste!