I had bookmarked this a while ago and finally made it! Yay.... It was such a flavorful , creamy chutney to be enjoyed with steaming idlis or crispy dosas.
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coconut grated
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- a few curry leaves
- In a pan add 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the cashews till golden.
- Add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger, tomatoes, red chilli powder and fry till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add salt, coconut and fry for few min. turn the heat off.
- Once cooled a little, blend them into a chutney like consistency.
- Do the tadka with the remaining oil, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
Sending this to bookmarked recipes