I am so happy to share with you all that i won the second place in the "Eggless holiday cookie contest" held by Manjula's Kitchen.
I honestly could not have made it without all your support and I sincerely thank you all for that.
(Yields 25 cookies)
- 2 ½ cup sweet grated coconut (One 7 oz. bag)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 oz. sweetened fat free condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 25 mini milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and grease with cooking spray. This step is very important as it prevents the cookies from sticking to the sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut all purpose flour, cardamom powder, and salt.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla to the coconut mixture and mix well till everything is well blended.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins., with a teaspoon or using your hands make small balls and spread the cookies on the cookie sheet. These cookies won’t spread and you can arrange them closely.
- Press a mini milk chocolate morsel in the middle of the macaroon and bake for 15 20 mins. or till golden.
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and let the macaroons cool for a few minutes on the parchment paper.
- Remove the macaroons and let them cool on a wire rack.
Store and enjoy any time!