It has been more than a year since I started blogging, but I have been on the slower pace. Although, I have a long list of bookmarked recipes, finding time to do them seems to be hard on me. I am so thrilled that i have come to my 100th post. I was initially planning to come with a bang cake, but then dropped it.
I wanted this post to be simple and satisfying! I found this gujarathi Kadhi recipe from tarla dalal's cook book and wanted to share with you all.
- 2 tbsp Besan/ gram flour
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 &1/2 - 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp green chilli ginger paste
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Asafetida a pinch
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp oil
- Mix besan,yogurt, 1 & 1/2 cups of water and whisk well.
- Add chilli ginger paste, salt, sugar, curry leaves and let it come to a boil on a low heat.
- simmer and stir and turn off the heat.
- Ina pan, do the tadka and pour it on the kadi.
- garnish with cilantro and serve hot with plain rice.
Sending this to Priya & Aipi's Bookmaked event.