Banana and Nutella is one of the matches made in heaven!
I could pretty much eat Nutella with any fruit, sandwich or cookie. It's creamy. Its chocolatey. Its hazelnutty. What more could you ask for?
Recently I saw on cooking channel about a "Crepe Amor", a fast food crepe joint in Washington DC. It was started by 2 Indian guys, who have taken crepes to a different level.
Crepes are a thin, lacy, pancake like food a popular street food in Paris. Here is my take on that which I whipped up with nutella, bananas, and strawberries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- Cooking spray
- Bananas and strawberries, thinly sliced.
- Cool Whip whipped cream
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, eggs, melted butter, and milk to a blender and pulse for a few times till everything is blended well without any lumps.
- Heat a tawa or a griddle and grease with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour the batter on the tawa.
- Swirl it around and make a circular crepe.
- Flip over the other side when the edges are loose.
- Cook the other side till golden.
- Cook all the crepes with the remaining batter.
- Microwave the 1/2 cup Nutella for 45 seconds so that it is runny and easy to work.
To serve, spread the Nutella on one side of the crepe.
Arrange bananas or strawberries on top of the Nutella.
Fold the crepe over and serve with a spoon of whipped cream and drizzle some Nutella.
What are you waiting for, go DIG IN!!!
I am sending this to Veggie Fruit: Banana started by mharorajasthanrecipes!