It's sweets time for Diwali ! I would like to share an easy burfi recipe with you all.
Most of the badam burfi's will tell you to soak the badam for few hours and peel the skin. I really don't have the patience to peel the skin of 1 whole cup pf almonds.
Here is a very easy badam burfi which can be made with no fuss, no peeling, no soaking.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- a pinch saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
- 2 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Coarsley or finely powder the dry almonds with skin ina blender or spice grinder.
- Mix the milk powder with the powdered badam and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- MAke the sugar syrup to 2 string consistency. It will take about 10 mins.
- Now add the badam, milk powder and mix well on moderate flame.
- Add the ghee little by little and cook till the mixture doesn't stick to the pan for about 5 mins.
- Grease a plate and pour the badam mixture in it.
- Smoothen the surface with a greased spatula.
- Let it cool, cut into diamond shapes and serve.
Wishing you and your family a happy and prosperous diwali!