Hope every one had a nice weekend!
Went with family to a nearby cavern to see stalactite and stalagmites. Boy!, those names are always confusing as which comes form the top and which goes up from the ground! But they are such a great wonder of nature to see any time.
Anyway, let's get to business! I had bookmarked here Sunny Anderson's muffins and tried them! They were wonderful, moist and packed with goodness. Perfect way to start your day with a grab & go breakfast!
I halved the recipe and it gave me 6 muffins! The lemon zest gives a nice fresh flavor.
Packed them for our snack during our trip to the caverns.
What you Need:
1/2 cup bluberries & strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 ripe banana, mashed
1 large egg
1/4 cup canola oil ( i took halfway through the 1/4 cup)
1/2 lemon, zested
How I did it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Let sit 15 minutes until strawberries give off juices.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, oil,sugar, strawberries, and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in blueberries and walnuts.