Just returned home after a short beach vacation. We all had a great time there and didn't feel like coming back!
Let me share this sweet treat that i made last week with you all.
I don't know what is the correct term, Poli or Boli! Most of us know what it is, but those who don't, it's a flat bread or paratha kind of thing with sweet lentil filling. Wow, the description makes it sound exotic ...!
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup Atta
1 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil 1/3 cup
water to make the dough
- wash & soak channa dal overnight.
- drain the water and pressure cook without any water for 3 whistles.
- Let it cool and pulse ithe cooked dal in a mixie or food processor for a soft powder.
- mix the powdered sugar and cardamom powder and keep aside. If you think it'sa little runny, adda few tsp ghee and fry it in a pan till it comes all together.
- make a dough soft adding water as needed. Make sure to add all the oil as you need the dough to be soft and easy to work with.
- Set aside the dough for a couple of hours covered.
- Divide the Puran/ filling in the size of small balls.
- Divide the dough into balls of the same size.
- Roll the dough like a small chapathi. place the puran in the centre. gather the sides and make a ball. roll it like a paratha.
- Heat a tava and cook the rolled poli with oil or ghee till golden on both sides.
- Enjoy with a drop of ghee smeared on top.