Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spaghetti With Veggie Balls


Yes! That's exactly what I said!

Spaghetti With veggie Balls.

Many people would have heard about Spaghetti with meatballs or "cloudy with a chance of meat balls". My dear carnivorous friends, what can I say.. Try this and you won't miss the meat at all!

This is what you need:

Spaghetti, of course... duh!

Marinara sauce- I used a store bought one. But if you are readsy to put more effort, please go ahead and make your own!

For the Veggie balls:

(No measurements used.)
One samll potato boiled and peeled
2 hand full of peas boiled
1 hand full of grated carrots
bread crumbs, I used Panko, a japanese style bread crumb as a binder for the balls
Cayenne chilli powder according to taste
 salt acc to taste
Oil to fry

Method:

1. mash the potato, peas and carrots. Add salt and spices according to taste. Add the panko/ bread crumbs and mix well. Shape them into balls and fry in oil till golden brown. set aside.

2. Heat the marinara sauce in a pan and cook for 2-3 mins.

3. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.

4. To serve, serve spaghetti on a plate, add the marinara sauce. add 3-4 veggie balls and top with more sauce.

5. Slurp up... and it's really good!

6. I served it as dinner with texas toast and carrot and coriander soup. ( Recipie to follow soon).

1 comment:

  1. Those Veggie balls, look wonderful Priya. What a lovely blog you have. I will respond to your email. I am following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!