Yes! That's exactly what I said!
Spaghetti With veggie Balls.
Many people would have heard about Spaghetti with meatballs or "cloudy with a chance of meat balls". My dear carnivorous friends, what can I say.. Try this and you won't miss the meat at all!
This is what you need:
Spaghetti, of course... duh!
Marinara sauce- I used a store bought one. But if you are readsy to put more effort, please go ahead and make your own!
For the Veggie balls:
(No measurements used.)
One samll potato boiled and peeled
2 hand full of peas boiled
1 hand full of grated carrots
bread crumbs, I used Panko, a japanese style bread crumb as a binder for the balls
Cayenne chilli powder according to taste
salt acc to taste
Oil to fry
1. mash the potato, peas and carrots. Add salt and spices according to taste. Add the panko/ bread crumbs and mix well. Shape them into balls and fry in oil till golden brown. set aside.
2. Heat the marinara sauce in a pan and cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
4. To serve, serve spaghetti on a plate, add the marinara sauce. add 3-4 veggie balls and top with more sauce.
5. Slurp up... and it's really good!
6. I served it as dinner with texas toast and carrot and coriander soup. ( Recipie to follow soon).