I had half a tub of ricotta cheese left over in my refrigerator. I wanted to make something quick for the kids as a snack. I made these simple ricotta cheese balls and both my kids and DH loved it. I made it very simple and you can add more vegetables or spices as per your taste.
- 1/2 tub of full skin Ricotta cheese
- 3-4 bread slices
- 1 green chilli chopped fine
- 1 tbsp of all purpose flour/ maida
- Handfull of cilantro chopped fine
- bread crumbs to coat
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Rip the bread slices and run it in a blender/ mixi to make bread crumbs
- In a bowl, take the ricotta cheese, add bread crumbs, green chilli, chopped cilantro and combine them all well. if you feel the mix is too moist, add some all purpose flour or besan.
- make small balls with this mix and set aside
- Roll these balls in bread crumbs and set aside
- In a deep frying pan, add oil. Once oil is hot add the cheese balls and fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot with some tomato ketchup