Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Cake mix Banana Bread




Have you heard about the Cake Mix doctor? Yes, it is amazing ! I used to bake a lot several years ago and have tried a few recipes from this book. Basically, you are using a boxed cake mix and doctor it up by adding the right ingredients and Voila you get a tasty cake/ muffin.

My colleague, an amazing baker, recently brought this humming bird cake which tasted so good. I was taken aback when she told me she made it from a  boxed cake mix. I went back to my recipe collection and found this easy one to make banana bread.

This is the most moist and quick banana bread one can make.  Try this and trust me you will love this! Ideally you need very ripe banana to make banana bread. I had only 2 of them and used a medium ripe banana for the 3rd one.

Get Ready




  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 tbsp chopped walnuts ( optional)
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips ( optional)


Go


  • Preheat oven to 350 farenheit and prep your loaf pan by spraying some cooking spray
  • Peel and mash the banana and set aside
  • Make the cake batter as per the box instructions
  • add the mashed bananas, nuts and chocolate chips and fold them in the cake batter


  • Pour in the loaf pan and bake as per the box instructions, 45 mins or till a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the bread.

  • Let it cool completely, I mean completely before you slice and serve.
Your friends and family may think that you worked so hard to bake this out of the world tasting banana bread!
Let us keep them thinking that way !




1 comment:

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!