Sesame seeds and peanuts go together pretty well. I use this combo in subzi's and tastes so yummy. Ellorai/ ellu sadham is a standard offering/ neivedhyam in south indian temples. very simple combination of spices and tastes divine.
I jazzed it up by throwing some peanuts and this is perfect lunch box item. good hot or cold.
- 1 cup basmati rice cooked with 2 cups of water, and cooled
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp channa dal
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 2-3 red chilli
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 2 tbsp dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp dry coconut
- 2 tbsp oil ( gingely oil will taste very good)
- a few curry leaves ( optional)
- salt to taste.
- In a dry pan, toast the sesame seeds till they are golden, on low to medoim heat. set aside
- Add a little oil, and roast the channa dal, urad dal, red chilli till golden brown. turn the heat off
- Coarsely powder the red chilli, asafetida,sesame seeds intially and then add the channa dal, urad dal, peanuts and coconut to a coarse powder.
- Add oil to the rice, the ground powder and mix well so the grains are separate.
- serve with pappadums, chips or raita.