Paneer is a versatile cheese. It easily blends into savory or sweet dishes. Here is quick recipe for a evening snack for those hungry little ones returning from school. I used store bought paneer, but if you have home made, of course it will taste pretty awesome!
The one thing that made me happy doing this pakoda was my 3 year old picky eater loved it! I sliced the paneer cibs, made a small slit in the middle and filled with some chilli sauce and deep fried it. I needed some hear and spice in mine.
For the kids, used the good ol' paneer alone.
For the Outer covering
- 5 table spoons Besan/ chick pea flour/ kadali maavu
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- pich of baking soda
- salt to taste
- Paneer cut into wedge, slices or cubes of your choice
- Oil to deep fry.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients with water til lit forms a thick paste, almost like a thick pancake batter. ( bajji maavu consistency)
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. To check heat. add a smal drop of the batter, it should rise to the top immediately
- Dip the paneer slices in the batter so that the batter evenly coats the paneer.
- Deep fry them till golden brown, flipping them half way through.
Enjoy with ketchup or any hot chutney!