The talk of the town is about our victory in world cup! What an amazing match that was! I am so proud to be an Indian and wanted to thank every single member of our cricket team to make this success happen after 28 years!
I stumbled upon this easy potato recipe from master chef Sanjeev Kappor's website.I made this today and it was simple, comforting and really good.
Baby potatoes sauted with lots of cumin/ jeera and crushed coriander seeds bursts with flaovors. The Amchur power gives a little tanginess and makes this curry irresistable for any body! i happen to find only red baby potatoes in the market, but you can use any size or type.
Here we go with the good stuff!
Get Ready: ( serves 2 )
Red baby potatoes 14
2 tsp Jeera/ cumin
2 tsp coriander seed/ dhaniya cushed ( without roasting)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp amchur powder
A pinch Hing/ asafetida
salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Wash and cook the potatoes till soft. I did not care to peel the skin. if you pressure cook, cook for just 1-2 whistles. set aside
- Once potatoes are cooled, cut them in half.
- In a pan add oil.
- Once oil is hot add the cumin and let it sizzle.
- Then add the crushed dhaniya, turmeric, cumin, red chilli powder, amchur powder, hing,
- Saute till a nice aroma comes and raw smell disappears from the spices.
- Add the potatoes, salt to taste and toss them around till all the spices coat the potatoes.
- Reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 5- 10 mins.
- Turn heat off, garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Goes well as a side with rice or a snack by itself!