We had a great vacation in Miami, florida and came back home today. I will post some infor on travel to miami beach soon. I made this lasagna over the weekend before travelling and wanted to share it with you all.
I have been making this version of lasagna for the past few years. My first taste of lasagna was from my cousin Rama in UK. since then, I have tried many versions and finally nailed it to this one. I have spiked it with a lot of indian ingredients, trust me I did not add sambar powder here...!
A true italian may laugh at this version, but hey, this works out best for me and my family.
Get Ready: ( serves 3-4)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 carrot diced
- one handful of peas
- 1/4 egg plant diced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 or 1/2 jalapeno pepper slit
- 1/2 jar marinara sauce ( i used a large bottle)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- pepper powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 6 no cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp oilve oil
- Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of butter
- In a large sauce pan, add oilve oil.
- Once hot add the onions and fry till tranaslucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger garlic paste, jalapeno and fry till aromatic.
- Add all the diced vegetables, salt to taste and saute for a few minutes till they are soft, still crunchy.
- Add the marinara sauce, salt to taste and cook till everything comes to a boil.
- Turn the heat off and set aside.
- add cilantro to the ricotta cheese and mix well till it's well incorporated. add pepper powder according to taste and keep the cheese mixture aside.
- Eventhough the lasagna noodles are no cook, I cook them them for a few mins. you can skip this step if you want to.
- Cook lasagna noodles for a few mins till they are aldente. lift them up care fully, brush with oilve oil and keep them on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease a 2 qt baking dish with non stick spray
- add a layer of tomato veggie sauce at the bottom.
- Arrange the lasagna noodle on top of the sauce.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- repeat layers of noodles, sauce and cheese and fill up to the top.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on the top layer.
- add pieces of butter on top of the cheese to give a nice golden crust.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 -45 mins.
- Check around 30 -35 mins to see if the cheese is bubbling. then remove foil and bake for another 10 mins to get the golden crusty top.
- let it sit in the oven for 20 mins before you serve.
Any left overs ( if present) taste awesome for the next day!.
I am sending this for Fusion recipes guest hosted by priyasnowserving and Pari's foodelicious
I would also like to thank priya for passing a cute namesake award! Love ya!