Turns out, Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant evergreen needle-like leaves. It is native to the Mediterranean region. It is a member of the mint family. It has a lot of antioxidants and protects from stroke and Alzhimer's.
If it's good, then I have to try it out. Lot of the recipies used rosemary with oven roasted potatoes. Not much was out there for skillet ot tava based.
This is my desi version of rosemary potato roast-- desi style.
Well, this is a standard potato roast with less oil done by my mom.
What I used
1 large Russet potato
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
Rosemary sprigs 2 , leaves torn apart and chopped roughly. ( you can use dried rosemary too)
oil 2 tbsp.
1. Wash and peel the potato. You can leave the skin if you want to it will taste good too.
3. Add salt to your taste, curry powder or whatever powder you have except talcum powder!
4. let it sit on the counter for 20 to 30 mins. This step is important because it cuts down on the oil you use to roast the potato.
6. Add the marinated potato with the water given off by the salt.
7.Reduce the flame and cover the pan. Cook for 5 mins.
8. Add the rosemary leaves. At this point you can add garlic powder or any other spices that you remember would be good to add.
9.Cover and cook till potatoes are soft.
10. Uncover and let the potoes roast on low fire till crisp.
11. Keep your nose up in the air so you can sniff all the nice aroma let off by the rosemary.
I made this today for lunch with lemon rasam.
Enjoy and let me know your comments please!