Friday, May 7, 2010

Cauliflower in Yogurt sauce.. A twist from the routine

Aren't you bored of doing the same aloo, cauliflower and peas curry?

I am! I googled and found out dahiwale cauliflower by mriganayani. Her recipie looked awesome, but looked too spicy to my taste buds.

I know you may be thinking " enna! cauliflower morkozhamba?. but trust me if you spike it it tastes awesome."

So I modified it to my taste and came up with this.

It was not out of the extraordinary, but definitely one that I will make again!

What you need: ( an estimate, you can add or subtract what you want)

1/2 cauliflower cut into florets of your wish
2 cups yogurt
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 tomato chopped
2 inch ginger chopped
2 green chillies  cut in length( mine looked red)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Hing 1/4 tsp
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste


Method

1. Wash the cauli florets. Boil water and dunk the florets in them. cover with lid. turn off the stove. let it stand for few minutes and drain the water.

2. In a bowl take the yogurt and add, coriander, cumin, turmeric, hing and garam masal powder, green chillies and ginger. mix well, add salt to taste.

3. In a pan heat oil. splutter mustard seeds and jeera.

4. Add the onions and fry till tender.

5. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till mushy.

6. Add the yougurt mix , reduce the heat and simmer till the oil separates.

7. Add the cauliflower and a little water.

8. Cook covered for a few mins till the sauce thickens. Garnish with cilantro if you have. I didm't have it:((

9. Serve hot with chappathis.

Note: You can do the same with potatoes and peas too. I didn't know that dahiwale aloo was such a famous comfort food in the north!

Enjoy this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!