Recently I had a few friends over and made this grilled egg plant dip to serve with appetizers.
This is a make ahead dip and can be put together very easily.
Serve them with pita chips or any chips of your choice. Mine served a lot of people and you can reduce the quantity if you are making for a few people.
Get Ready: ( serves 20 plus people)
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 small tub of sour cream
- Lots of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Red chilli powder
- 2-3 thai green chilli finely chopped ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and dry the egg plant. Poke a couple of holes on them with a fork.
- Cover with foil and grill them on a medium gas flame turning them multiple times.
- Keep the grill closed. Cook them till the are soft. One can also roast them on open gas flame to get a nice smokey flavor. Let tit cool well, peel the skin off, it comes easily and take the flesh of the cooked eggplant.
- Mash the cooked flesh with a fork into a nice pulp.
- This can be made ahead and kept refrigerated.
- Before serving, add the sour cream, desired salt, chopped cilantro and mix.
- In a pan, add the oil, add the red chilli powder and cumin. once the cumin seeds sizzle, pour it over the dip.