Here is a very easy, no nonsense banana bread recipe to make. This is a second version and it was as good as my previous one.
Best Banana Bread
Kids are at home for the summer and they are always hungry. I am sure, you like me must be getting tired of providing healthy snacks for them when at home.
Get your kids involved in baking this and they will love this. This can be made in no time.
Last Sunday, we decided to make this in the afternoon and my kids loved in cracking the eggs, mashing the banana saying" eew, eew", licking the batter and had so much fun. The recipe can be easily halved and that is what I did. So, it filled only half of the loaf pan and was ready in 40 mins of baking.
The final product tasted very good and was soft after 3 days too.
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour ( maida)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( i did not have this, but original recipe calls for it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your loaf pan with cooking spray
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. You can use a spatula or an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and beta well till frothy.
- Add the mashed banana , vanilla extract and mix well
- Add the sifted flour mixture and fold with a spatula. Do not beat this mix.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50 mins - 1 hr or till an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove it out of the oven, let it cool well, slice and enjoy for breakfast or an evening snack with a cup of chai!
Sorry, could not do step by step pictures with little helpers in the kitchen!
Adding chocolate chips, chopped walnuts would be tasty too.