Hi there my friends! Continuing with my Lunch box series, here I come with an easy and quick sandwich. You may see that this picture was taken in a hurry in the morning while packing lunch. So you have to excuse me for all the mess in the back ground! he... he..
Get Ready ( all measurements this time are a guesstimate only)
- 2 cups crumbled Paneer
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala ( can be replaced with any spice powder of your choice)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- A pinch of turmeric powder ( optional)
- salt to taste
- Lots of cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- Bread slices and butter to toast
- In a pan, add oil and saute the onions till golden
- Add the grated ginger and toss
- Add the crumbled paneer, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, salt and cilantro.
- Toss them all together, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 1-2 mins. check salt and adjust spices
- Uncover and turn the heat off.
- spread butter on the bread slice, add the paneer burji mixture. butter another slice of bread and put it on top of the other slice. this helps the burji to stick to bread rather than falling out.
- In a pan, use cooking spray or butter and toast the sandwich till golden on both sides.
One can just pack them with bread without toasting. serve with some tomato ketchup or chilli sauce on the side.
Pack your lunch box with some fruit/ yogurt/ chips/ juice box to complete the meal.
Of course little post it notes with jokes/ messages would add the extra touch.
sigh.... wish I am all that organized and plan ahead person....