Feels good to blog after a long time. Personal life had been very hectic with switching jobs, traveling etc.I had been to India for almost a month. My mother had been sick and being so far away here was hard on me. I am glad I was able to spend time with her and take care of her. She still has a long path to recovery, but i am sure she will make it.
I missed all your new mouth watering recipes and excellent write ups. I find it hard to catch up with things after returning from home. I eventually will do, wouldn't I?
Here is an easy one pot meal to make with carrots and peas. Adding coconut is a new twist and yielded very satisfying results.
- 1 cup Basmati rice cooked and cooled
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 small green chilli slit
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cardamon pods
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 tbsp broken cashew pieces
- cilantro to garnish salt to taste.
- In a blender grind onion, red chilli, coconut and tomato to a fine paste without any water. set aside
- In a pan add oil and do tadka with cardamon, cinnamon,clove and cashews
- Add the green chilli and ginger.
- Add the ground coconut paste and saute till its dry
- Add the grated carrots, peas, salt to taste and fry till carrots are slightly cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well taking care not to mush up the rice.
- Adjust salt according to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with raita and chips.