Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Rava kesari OPOS style




When I first stumbled upon the word, OPOS, I was like you all too thinking what in the world is that?
 OPOS stands for One Pot, One Shot a concept initiated and popularized by Mr Ramki.

 The whole concept is cook everything in one pot, a 2 liter pressure cooker with minimal oil. By cooking under pressure, you are locking up a lot of flavors and cooking fast. I searched online and found many people trying out different recipes in a pressure cooker and I was very fascinated by it.

They even have a special face book page for OPOS called UBF ( United By Food).

 So far I have tried making soup, beans poriyal, ghee, pasta, aviyal, chilli paneer in pressure cooker and will share recipes slowly. On the OPOS cooking site, they use a 2 Lt prestige cooker and an induction stove. I have been using my prestige pressure pan and gas stove and have been pleased with the results too.

So, here I am posting my first OPOS recipe for rava kesari. Anyone can make rava kesari is what you are thinking, right? That is why I chose this one as it should be easy and standard. I found a recipe Here and adjusted the sugar for my taste.

Get ready: ( serves 2-3) cooking time 10-15 mins
  • 1/2 cup rava
  • 1/4 cup ghee
  • cashews and raisins as per your taste
For Sugar syrup
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 & 1/4 cup water
  • A pinch of saffron food color
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Go:


  • In a pressure cooker bottom, add the water, sugar, saffron color, cardamom powder. Turn the heat on and stir and let it come to a boil.




  • Simultaneously, in another  pan add the ghee and roast the cashews and raisins till golden. Add the rava and roast till it is golden brown and aromatic.




  • If your sugar syrup is boiling and rava is not roasted, just reduce the flame and let the syrup simmer.
  • turn the heat off once rava is roasted and add the ghee, rava, cashew raisin mixture to the pressure cooker.




  • It will bubble up, don't panic. turn the pressure cooker off.
  • Give a quick stir and cover the pressure cooker with the weight on. Remember the heat is off.




Let the rava sit in the cooker for 20 mins. Control your temptation to open the pressure cooker in between.
After 20 mins, open the cooker and there you have your melt in your mouth rava kesari ready!


2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it Smile I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Ac Repair in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!