Mojito is a famous alcohol based cocktail drink from Cuba. It has sweetness of sugar mixed with the freshness of mint, citrus flavor and the kick from rum and sparkling water. I always go for a alcohol free mojito when we go for fancy restaurants and absolutely loved the minty citrus taste of it.I wanted to try making at home and found some recipes on line. Instead of making sugar syrup and using sparkling water, many on line resources recommended using Sprite.
The mind and lime are pounded with a muddler, but I did not have that and used a mortar and pestle instead. The day I wanted to make it ,I did not have any lime but had lemons. Sorry for using one boring cup, did not have any fancy ones!
- A hand full of fresh mint leaves
- a small wedge of lime/ lemon cut into 4
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- Crushed ice
- A nice glass cup to serve
- In a mortar add the mint leaves, lime wedges and pound it for few minutes till the leaves are semi crushed. Add this to the cup in which you ar are going to serve the drink.
- Squeeze the lime/ lemon juice and add it to the glass without seed
- Add the crushed ice to the glass
- Add sprite and serve immediately
- Garnish with some more mint leaves
Enjoy this summer drink with your fmaily and feel refreshed!
Try it and let me know if you like it.