For those who don't know,"Chipotle" is a famous mexical grill eatery here in the US. Their burrito bowl and salads are super yummy. One side dish that they serve is a cilantro lime rice. A very humble rice dish with tons of flavor.
Lemon rice needs no introduction to south Indians. Green chillies, ginger, asafetida, turmeric and lime juice make this a heck of a dish. However in cilantro lime rice, ther are no extra spices. Rice is cooked and flavored with lime juice and loads of cilantro.
I searched the web for this rice and found one Here at copykat.
Lets's get cooking!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 and 1/2 lime to be juiced
- cilantro lots and lots chopped without stems.
- Wash the rice and let it stand for 15- 20 mins.
- In a pan, add the butter, olive oil and washed rice. Saute the rice till it is opaque.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste. let it come to a rolling boil.
- Now simmer, cover and let the rice cook till soft.
- Turn the stove off and fluff the rice.
- Add the cilantro, juice from one lime and taste. If you feel you need more lime juice,add another half of lime juice.
Serve with curried beans, salad or anything.
We had ours with home made guacamole,spicy sauted green peppers and onions.
Enjoy chipotle style at home!
I am travelling and will be taking a break for 2-3 weeks. See you soon!