2011 has taught me some wonderful things. I made new blogger friends, got to taste some amazing recipes shared by my friends.
Here I am at the end of this year sharing a traditional breakfast recipe from my neighbor state/
Pesarattu is a traditional breakfast from Andhra. It is usuallys erved with upma. However in Tamil nadu, it is served with either sambar or chutney. The main ingredient is green moong dal, with skin. i would say it's a cousin of our Adai. However in adai we use channa dal, moong dal, urad dal, and rice.
Adais generally need no fermentation and so does pesarattu. Try this nutritious breakfast that can keep you charged all through the morning.
- 1 measure Green moong dal
- 1/2 measure basmati rice
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger peeled and chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp asafetida/ hing
- wash the rice and moong dal together. soak overnight in water
- Next day, grind them finely with green chilli, ginger ina blender, adding water to a consistency of dosa batter.
- Add asafetida, salt to taste and mix well.
- In a griddle or tawa, add a little oil and spread.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and make crepes or dosas.
- Let it cook till it is crispy or brown.
- Flip the other side and cook for a few mins.
Serve hot with chutney, milagai podi or sambar.
Wishing all my friends a wonderlful 2012! may your life be filled with love, good health and of course scrumptious food!