Don't be fooled by the name as I did. This is the time of the year when you have many get together with friends and families. Orange jello salad is a very easy dessert to put together and everyone will enjoy it. I have no idea how this name of " salad" came for this dessert.
I made this for our thanksgiving party dinner and everyone liked it. This dessert can be made the day before you have a party.
Get Ready: ( serves about 10- 15 people)
- 1 large pack Orange Jello ( I used the one from whole foods)
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 1 small can crushed pine apple, juice drained
- 1 (8oz) pack of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 small container cool whip at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar (optional)
- Make the jello as per packet instructions. Let it set till halfway.
- With a spatula or an electric whisk cream the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy.
- Fold in the cool whip gently.
- Add the jello, mandarin oranges and pineapple to the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Serve whenever you are a ready.