Tiramisu is very popular Italian dessert made with lady fingers dipped in coffee, marsala wine and layered with a mixture of mascaporne cheese, eggs,cream.
I made this recently for a get together and avoided the raw eggs and alcohol. It is very easy to put together and is crowd pleaser.
This can also be made ahead, say a day before and will taste good. I was rushed to get everything ready for the party and could not get very good pictures.
Don't get carried away by the not so great pictures, the final product tastes very very good!
- 1 tub/ 8 oz Mascaporne cheese ( I used Trader joe's)
- Lady finger cookies ( I used whole foods brand, 1.5 packets)
- 1 small carton of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Powdered sugar ( adjust sugar as per taste)
- 1 & 1/2 cup warm Coffee/ Coffee decoction to soak the lady fingers ( used Kothas coffee)
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder for dusting the top layer
- Keep the mascaporne cheese on the counter to get soft for about 15- 20 mins
- Make your coffee and add about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and mix
- Beat the heavy whipping cream and remainder powdered sugar till soft peaks. Took about 10 -12 mins
- Fold the mascaporne cheese into the beater whipped cream mixture.
- Take the bowl/ casserole in which you are going to make the Tiramisu.
- Gently dunk the lady fingers one by one in the slightly warm coffee and arrange on the bottom of the dish. Don't over soak the lady finger s in coffee as they get way too soggy.
- Spread a layer of the cheese and cream mixture over them
- Repeat the lady finger cookies and cheese till the top
- Cover with saran wrap and refridgerate for 6- 8 hrs
- Before serving or 1-2 hrs before serving,dust cocoa powder with a sieve on the top.
Make slices and serve!
How easy is that to make, and trust me it is very easy to eat a lot!